Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Daycare Pictures l Monroe, New York


To be a children photographer you have to have something more than sharp photography skills. This is not a job for you if you are scared of children, or they make you nervous (Kids can smell the fear).  Liking children is also not enough. I hear a lot of parents complain how they can’t get their own kids to cooperate for pictures.


My expertise with children started back in my college days; I babysat many kids from all ages and family sizes. The hardest ones were three year old girl triplets. Let’s just say I thank God everyday that my first born was ONE boy. With all that experience, I learned how children think, what makes them laugh, smile, and most important how to get them to cooperate. Now all my expertise was put to a test last week, when I did a photo session of my son’s daycare center.  There were twelve children from one year olds to six year olds running around. Oddly enough, my OWN son and the bigger kids gave me the most trouble, but at the end of the shoot I knew I had captured fantastic pictures!













I think after this I can call Octomom and ask her if she would like a family portrait J.

5 comments:

  1. I know!! Super cute.The babies are my favorites because they still have a genuine and natural smile and not the "say cheese" smile the older ones have been tough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bokeh and super cute kids! :) Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful bokeh in the middle of the set, and the one of the little girl on the yellow chair has some nice catch lights in her eyes.

    ReplyDelete