Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Apologie


Last year I spent many , many hours away from home and my family. I work all week at my day job and I decided it was time to make a change. When I decided to start my photography business it was not easy all the things I was going to face. The worst part was spending so many of my weekends , assisting, 3rd shooting, second shooting and editing, learning about the business and finally getting my own clients.

This past month I hit a big wall of self doubt. I was very scared and for a moment I didn't believe in myself enough to just portrait my work. I decided to "fix" this problem by simply posting more photos from another photographer. A few days after posting them I was surprised when someone left me a message to take their photos down.

When I read that I was horrified and humiliated. How could I have been so arrogant? Besides, it was presumptuous of me to think that I could just add some pictures and have people like me more as their photographer. What I fool I was, besides, is not even about the images, I’m learning that people want to hire you as their photographer is for you, your personality and  yes taking great photos helps but there is no magic pill, having amazing pictures is only part of the whole battle.
Going forward I will stand and believe in my work and that if I feel is not enough material, I should work to organize my own editorial photo-shoots, go to a work shop, so many other ways. Just work and and not look for a magic pill to solve my problems and just owned up to my work.

Again, my utmost apology,


Mariana 

No comments:

Post a Comment