Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Off Camera Flash


“Off Camera Flash: The use of flash which is not located on-camera. An example would be studio flash or using a speedlight remotely”


Sometimes I feel like Alice in wonderland, falling into rabbit holes and always trying to guess where to go next or what to do. My new adventure is off camera flash. I enter the world of wedding photography, and it’s an amazing place is full of excitement and wonderful moments to photograph, but is also, full of very difficult and unpredictable light situations. 

Photography is painting with light, if there is no light, there is no photography. This is when I realized how critical, it is for me to learn all about flash Photography.
Learning about OCF right now feels very intimidating, but if there is something I’ve learned, about being a self taught photographer, is how tackle problems like this: Research, Study and Practice. So I started researching online, and asking photographers I know about the best camera flashes out there, then best books and authors that have written about OCF.

Resources

<!--[if !supportLists]-->·      Strobist.com a blog all about off camera flash ( lighting 101, On assignment)
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·      Parallel to the blog there is a Flicker group called Strobist.com
 Purchased
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·      <!--[endif]-->Canon flash 600ex rt (a.k.a. The Big Kahuna)
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·      Speed liter’s Handbook: Learning to Craft Light with Canon Speedlites
 
Motivation
 For this week on, I will be posting flash assignments once a week, to show what I’ve        learned that week, and how to apply it. Lets do this!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment