Monday, July 9, 2012

Bear Mountain, New York Engagement Photographer


I live in the woods .. I mean the suburbs, on the Hudson valley in New York, because I'm so familiar with Bear mountain state park, I suggested this location to my friends James and Katrina. It had been a while since I've been to the park during a holiday weekend, since I usually got there during the week or the fall and spring, as I get to the parking lot, I realized I was in big trouble. There were masses of people, there was hardly any patch of grass not covered with people's picnic tables and kids running everywhere. Clearly not the romantic setting I had in mind, on top of that  the couple had already told me they were not the best at taking photos, which usually means they get nervous about getting their pictures taken, so this setting was not going to help me. But I enjoy a challenge and  I had to work with what I had, and decided to just try to make them feel comfortable by talking to them, making jokes,at one point I even "attempted" to flash them,  (I never said my techniques were conventional). As the shoot progress, their walls came down, and I was able to get some really great shots along with some good laughs. Enjoy! 













 






















No comments:

Post a Comment